I had the pleasure of taking part in one of our recent in-house studies, which took a look at over 250 iconic brands. In the end, we were able to objectively identify the top 10 brands for Hispanic consumers.
How to Use the Tool:
- Select any Brand (or no brand) from the drop down
- Choose reference Category (industry) for comparison
- Select Top Ten Type, either:
- Top 10 CFQ: Displays the Cultural Fluency Quotient for each demographic of up to ten brands with the highest levels of culture fluency, averaged across all demographics
- Top Ten Awareness: Displays the Cultural Fluency Quotient for each demographic of up to ten brands with the highest levels of awareness averaged across all demographics
How to Read the Report
View the CFQ Threshold and Cultural Reach scores by moving the toggle to the right.
- The CFQ Threshold is calculated at the top tercile of all brands in the database for each demographic and is represented by a horizontal blue bar. A brand score above the CFQ Threshold is considered to be culturally resonant with that segment.
- The Cultural Reach of each brand is also displayed above each demographic grouping. This shows the number of segments for whom the brand is resonant. A Cultural Reach score of 4 for all segments by Race/Ethnicity indicates the brand is Culturally Fluent for that grouping.
Brands with the green circle are the highest ranked by CFQ
Brands with the red circle are the lowest ranked by CFQ
The vertical grey bar notes the highest and lowest ranking brands across all categories for that demographic
The horizontal blue bar represents the CFQ Threshold. If a brand is above line, it is doing well on cultural resonance. If a brand is below this line, it needs to improve cultural resonance. View the threshold by moving the toggle to the right.
The dots with the colored outlines are brand you’re exploring based on your selections. If you mouse over the dot you will see the name of the brand and its B-CFQ score.
*The Brand-Cultural Fluency Quotient incorporates six component scores measuring Personal Relevance, Trust, Brand Advocacy, Memories, Shared Values and Product Fit. These components were selected in an analysis of 20 possible factors in numerous combinations. We selected the set that reflected the optimal balance of factors that could be considered cultural and which collectively best predict increased purchase intent and brand favorability.
Latest in CultureRate:Brand Reports
In 2022, increasing polarization on social issues revealed that America’s cultural divisions are likely here to stay.